Auto glass repair has some advantages over substitution, which are
- Time saving, since repairing a windshield takes only 30
- Environmental respect as it doesn’t produce any kind of
waste and it avoids a future replacement that would need a special recycling
- Money saving, considering that usually the glass repair
doesn’t alter the discount of most insurance policies.
In order to make an autoglass repair, some conditions that are
described in detail next must be met:
- The windshield’s impact size must be smaller
than a 2 euro coin, about 40 mm diameter.
- The hole’s crater must be less than 5
- The crater mustn’t be in the drivers’ direct line of
sight, the driver’s windshield crossing area will be taken as reference.
- Damages mustn’t alter the interstitial plate made up of
polyvinyl butyral, which is in the glass interior.
- Windshield mustn’t show gashes or fissures
bigger than 50 mm or that have their beginning in the windshield’s edge.
- Don’t show multiple breakings which have
adjacent craters in a distance lower than 10 mm, or breakings which have altered the lower
and upper glass layer.
For additional information and to resolve whether it is possible or not to repair your
car’s front glass proceed to one of our auto glass repair and replacement garages or
contact our Customer Service Department, which is available 24 hours by dialling 902 222 722.